By Edward O. Frantz
A significant other to Reconstruction Presidents offers a chain of unique essays that discover numerous vital matters, topics, and debates linked to the presidencies of Andrew Johnson, Ulysses S. provide, and Rutherford B. Hayes.
- Represents the 1st accomplished examine the presidencies of Johnson, furnish, and Hayes in a single volume
- Features contributions from best historians and presidential scholars
- Approaches the research of those presidents from a historiographical perspective
- Key themes contain each one president’s political profession; overseas coverage; household coverage; army background; and social context in their phrases in office
Read or Download A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
Originally published in 1987, The Mayors: The Chicago Political culture accrued many of the best minds in political notion to supply wise research of Chicago’s mayors and their administrations. Twenty-five years later, this fourth variation maintains to light up the careers of a few of Chicago’s most useful, forceful, or even infamous mayors, leaders whose lives have been usually as bright and eclectic because the urban they served.
Latin the USA Confronts the U.S. bargains a brand new viewpoint on US-Latin the USA kin. Drawing on examine in six international locations, the publication examines how Latin American leaders may be able to conquer strength asymmetries to persuade US overseas coverage. The publication presents in-depth explorations of key moments in post-World warfare II inter-American kin - overseas monetary coverage earlier than the Alliance for development, the negotiation of the Panama Canal Treaties, the growth of alternate via NAFTA, and the expansion of counternarcotics in Plan Colombia.
Present reports of early glossy Scotland are inclined to specialize in the crown, the the Aristocracy and the church. but, from the 16th century, a distinct nationwide consultant meeting of the cities, the conference of Burghs, presents an perception into the actions of one other key staff in society. assembly at least one time a yr, the conference consisted of representatives from each parliamentary burgh, and was once liable for apportioning taxation, settling disputes among participants, regulating weights and measures, negotiating with the crown on problems with drawback to the service provider group.
While James Mooney lived with and studied the Cherokee among 1887 and 1900, they have been the most important and most vital Indian tribe within the usa. His dispassionate account in their historical past from the time in their fi rst touch with whites till the top of the 19th century is greater than a chain of battles received and misplaced, treaties signed and damaged, cities destroyed and other people massacred.
- An Unfinished Foundation: The United Nations and Global Environmental Governance
- The Coming Class War and How to Avoid it: Rebuilding the American Middle Class
- Localizing Governance in India (Routledge Studies in South Asian Politics)
- Unleashed: What Destroys Democracy is Unmanaged Democracy
- Chinas Afrikapolitik als Entwicklungsmotor?: Chancen und Probleme der sino-afrikanischen Kooperation untersucht am Beispiel der Demokratischen Republik ... zum globalen Wandel 18) (German Edition)
- The Logic of American Politics
Additional info for A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Reconstruction Presidents 1865 - 1881 (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Edward O. Frantz