Josephus, first-century Romano-Jewish student, historian and hagiographer(37-100AD)
This publication provides «Antiquities of the Jews», from Josephus. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy selected.
Table of Contents
- approximately This Book
- e-book I. Containing The period of 3 Thousand 8 Hundred And Thirty
- ebook Ii. Containing The period of 2 Hundred And Twenty Years
- booklet Iii. Containing The period of 2 Years
- publication Iv. Containing The period Of Thirty 8 Years
- booklet V. Containing The period of 4 Hundred And 76 Years
- e-book Vi. Containing The period Of Thirty Years
- ebook Vii. Containing The period Of 40 Years
- e-book Viii. Containing The period of 1 Hundred And 63 Years
- e-book Ix. Containing The period of 1 Hundred And 57 Years
- publication X. Containing The period of 1 Hundred And 82 Years And A Half
- e-book Xi. Containing The period of 2 Hundred And 53 Years And 5 Months
- e-book Xii. Containing The period Of 170 Years
- publication Xiii. Containing The period Of 82 Years
- ebook Xiv. Containing The period Of Thirty Years
- publication Xv. Containing The period Of Eighteen Years
- publication Xvi. Containing The period Of Twelve Years
- ebook Xvii. Containing The period Of Fourteen Years
- booklet Xviii. Containing The period Of Thirty Years
- publication Xix. Containing The period of 3 Years And A Half
- e-book Xx. Containing The period Of Twenty Years
Read or Download Antiquities of the Jews PDF
Best ancient history books
This can be a sweeping journey of the Mediterranean global from the Atlantic to Persia over the past half-century of the Roman Empire. via concentrating on a unmarried yr now not overshadowed through an epochal occasion, 428 advert offers a really clean examine a civilization in the course of huge, immense change--as Christianity takes carry in rural parts around the empire, as western Roman provinces fall clear of these within the Byzantine east, and as strength shifts from Rome to Constantinople.
During this ebook, Colleen Conway seems on the development of masculinity in New testomony depictions of Jesus. She argues that the recent testomony writers inevitably engaged the foremost gender ideology of the Roman Empire, even if consciously or unconsciously. even if the thought of what constituted excellent masculinity in Greek and Roman cultures definitely pre-dated the Roman Empire, the emergence of the Principate focused this gender ideology at the determine of the emperor.
This publication strains continuity within the improvement of the Athenian structure, while past reports have often searched for catastrophic adjustments. Sealey selects 3 positive aspects of Athenian legislations that are vital for the constitution of society and the positioning of authority: (1) the felony prestige, and to a lesser quantity the socioeconomic , of the various varieties of population of Attica; (2) the excellence, well-known within the fourth century, among "laws" and "decrees," studying what the Athians understood by means of "law"; and (3) the advance of the Athenian courts.
Offers conclusive facts that old Egypt was once initially the remnant of an previous, hugely subtle civilization• helps previous speculations in accordance with delusion and esoteric assets with medical evidence from the fields of genetics, engineering, and geology• presents extra facts of the relationship among the Mayans and historical Egyptians• hyperlinks the secret of Cro-Magnon guy to the increase and fall of this historic civilizationIn the overdue 19th century, French explorer Augustus Le Plongeon, after years of analysis in Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula, concluded that the Mayan and Egyptian civilizations have been related--as remnants of a as soon as higher and hugely subtle tradition.
- Treasure Of Ophir: In Search of a Lost City (Kegan Paul Travellers Series)
- Gesellschaft im Wandel - Die Entwicklung der germanischen Gesellschaftsstruktur in der Zeit der Völkerwanderung und die Frage nach einer germanischen Identität (German Edition)
- Ancient Iran and Its Neighbours: Local Developments and Long-range Interactions in the 4th Millennium BC (The British Institute of Persian Studies Archaeological Monographs Series III)
- Beyond the Fertile Crescent: Late Palaeolithic and Neolithic Communities of the Jordanian Steppe. The Azraq Basin Project Volume 1: Project Background ... Technology) (Levant Supplementary Series)
- Subversive Virtue: Asceticism and Authority in the Second-Century Pagan World
Extra resources for Antiquities of the Jews
Antiquities of the Jews by Josephus